Thursday 2 January 2014

I started an author blog!

Hi there! This is quite scary.

I'm Ella Preuss, 21, Argentine and aspiring author. You may know me as Ella Press from my book review blog, but to separate my author self from that blogger persona, I've decided to share with you my real surname. 

It felt appropriate to have an actual author blog now that I've finished my new book, the first in a series, and that I'll be pursuing publication. I thought I'd take a risk, start a blog, and even if no one but me reads this for some time, it'll still be here, a way for me to record my progress in the publishing world. 

I feel like I should tell you a bit about my book now. 
Class Three tells the story of a seventeen-year-old cyborg named Milo, whose life is forever altered by the irruption of a girl in his town in the Frozen Fields. Being a part of the cyborg Resistance as well as a medic-in-training is hard enough for him, but when he finds a bloody girl in an airship wreck, a girl whose eyes remind him too much of his secret meadow, he can't do anything but help her. Even when he doesn't know anything about her. Even when her sole presence in town can put everyone in danger. 
When the girl's life hangs by a thread, Milo makes a hard choice: to let her be transformed into a Class Three cyborg, the very thing every single human hates. He just hopes Meadow won't hate his guts for it. 
Milo will have to show Meadow that not every Class Three cyborg is as deranged as the leader of the New Revolt -a cyborg rebellion that's bringing terror into every Union- before she has the chance to fly away in the ship that brought her to the Fields in the first place. Her leaving could be what destroys his town and the Resistance, and he cannot let it happen. 
But most of all, Milo has to make Meadow see that he's not as bad as she thinks before she makes up her mind about him. 
So? What'd you think? Is that something you'd read? I certainly hope so, otherwise I'd have wasted a long time in something that interests only me! Know that this little blurb is something I just wrote for the sake of this post. I can't help but feel it's missing a thousand things more. 

I started this blog also because I want to make more connections with aspiring authors. If you're one, and you'd like to contact me, maybe chat for a bit, then by all means, do! I'm going to leave my contact info on a separate page, find it below the header. 

I'll be filling the different pages of this blog in the following days. It is now 23:36 PM in Argentina and I'm exhausted. 

But excited! Bye now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment